Thread: New Product Extreme Flight 48 inch Laser EXP
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:56 PM
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
18,589 Posts
Technically my new Laser took on half of a click of up trim. It was almost perfect but one notch of down trim was a little too much. I landed and turned my trim steps from 4 down to 2, and with one notch it was dead nuts. Later I had to take it out when I moved the battery, which is now all the way back. Thisd was exactly like my first Laser came out!

Something I did not notice on my first Laser... or maybe it wasn't this way.... Is that the fiberglas tube in thefuselage that holds the carbon tube has been replaced with thick plastic, and so have the first few inches of the tube in the wings. Plastic won't compress over time nearly as badly as soft fiberglas, so the wings will stay squeaky tight for much longer. On this plane I have to wiggle the wing to get it started when I take it off.

Man, I am so glad to have another Laser. I was only out of one for about three days but it drove me crazy. No one has touched this one except me, so I have an emmense sense of satisfaction that I finally (after 35 years) got my Laser and I put it together completely by myself. Finally I get to represent Extreme Flight when I fly it, so I have now achieved all my goals from when I started flying again in 2006.

I'm pretty happy today.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Last edited by Doc Austin; Oct 11, 2012 at 11:46 PM.