View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by gordonzo
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
2,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtian3188 View Post
according to what i observed, controls are slightly similar. throttle/pitch and yaw at left stick, and forward/backward and roll at right stick (depends on what mode). its just that the yaw is at the right stick in a 3ch heli and doesn't have a roll. its just a matter of knowing what stick movement does to the movement of the heli itself.

I need to search more information on the toggle switches located at the upper corners of the transmitter.
You appear to be very confident. Sounds like you have an engineering or techical background? In this case you might find knowledge is a poor substitute for experience.

You will now simultaneously be managing different channel assignments, much much quicker movement, no self-stabilizing after each stick input with very little time to think or react. Then add large high speed rotating blades . . .

I had lots of flights on fixed pitch such as Solo Pro 260/328/228, F45 and v911. My first flight with the v929 quad, which also is quick and non self-stabilizing, was a quite an eye opener - manageable and relatively safe and crash resistant, but surprising different. Once I get totally comfortable with the quad I will get a small cp.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo