View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by doublebuck
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Aug 2010
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionplus View Post
Well, I was looking at my wing and trying to see if I can get the CG as close as possible to the recommended area.
I have a ARF unit from nitroplanes.
Placed a 11.1v 2200mAh batt. It is still tail heavy. I feel like I need to place another 11.1 on there to get the CG right about 200mm.

Does anyone have any solution or maybe guide me to why I am still tail heavy with 2200mAh batt?
I have a 1200 mm NP wing that weighs 416 grams. It has a 1.9 Oz 400 Slo fly motor from Heads Up RC, A Detrum 20A ESC, a pair of 9 gram servos and a 180 gram 2200 MAH battery. The Rx is a Spectrum with satellite Rx diversity setup. Total weight is 596 Grams. If you weighted all of your components against the components I just told you about, you might find the culprit or placement of components that is causing the problem. I did remove all of the foam that I could remove in the front of the plane to get that heavy battery forward. The battery is mounted with the narrow side of it facing the wing, not the broad side of the battery as shown in most pictures. I am running a heavy APC prop of 9x4.5 BTW. The battery is NOT mounted in the battery bay but is forward of it as far as possible and secured with a velcro strap after carving out a pocket for it. It balances right on 200 MM from the nose. I really hopes this helps you.

Ron
doublebuck is offline Find More Posts by doublebuck
Last edited by doublebuck; Oct 11, 2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: clarified battery position