Now THIS is what I am talkin about.. this is why a I enjoy building so much... you take a bunch of wood scraps and make something AWESOME out of it... ok, not scraps, but you get what I'm sayin
First up was taking a sanding block and running across the leading edge ribs to true them all up with each other. Then a 3/16" false leading edge was installed. Then it was time for sheeting this center section...
So some 1/8"x6"x48" sheet balsa was ripped down to 8- 6" square pieces, then these were installed along the tip rib edges just like the smaller version. from about 3/4 way back on the engine nacelle, the sheeting was done in a long strip.
Then the spine and top center of the engine nacelle's were sheeted:
Then the rest of the bat-tail was sheeted. I've got to make the cutouts and install the exhaust duct portion's now and it also has been left oversize.
Then the right wing had its 1/4" leading edge installed and rough shaped and its wingtip installed and rough shaped. The wings were then put on to make sure they matched up with the center section once sheeted.
Then I got the right rear nacelle section strip planked: