Thread: New Product Spektrum DX18
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:53 AM
Find More Posts by freechip
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
26,837 Posts
@ ArguZ - "" So the 3V setting is there why?"" That's the Hobby's current standard set by LiPo manufacturers. I have yet to see on any of MY batts a low voltage warning HIGHER than 3.0v per cell and most likely why they use 3.0v as a default value that you can still adjust to whatever settings you want.

If I remember correctly before you needed to roll for some time in order to get to your desired setting as it would either default too low or default to the max I think of 60V. You then needed to roll until you reached the desired value. Only later did the selecting of CELL count and a default value showed up in an AirWare update. This was changed in the DX8 Airware version 2.00 and probably why it is what it is in the DX18 today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWare 2.00 added features
When setting the Flight Pack Voltage alarms, you can easily set the alarm points
based upon LiPo cell count, then tweak them to your preference.
It's just now we have less rolling to do, which is good. We always had to make adjustments, now you just need to make LESS of an adjustment.

PS: Some esc manufacturer still have a lower than 3.0v as there low cut-off setting so 3.0v telemetry alarm can't be that bad compared to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC specs
Low Voltage Cut-off: 0.80V per cell for NiCad/NiMH; 2.75V per cell for LiPo
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Oct 11, 2012 at 07:07 AM.