Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:15 AM
Find More Posts by groovejet
How many planes is too many?
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2007
4,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
...but I do tend to agree with an earlier comment - it's a bit like trying to get a brick to jump through hoops

Not the easiest plane to learn on, but heaps of fun just the same.

Must seriously start looking at these SkyWings - everyone who has one gives them the thumbs-up

BJ
Stop picking on the Stiffys, guys . I wish I still had my Stiffy videos online so I could show you guys how great they fly. They used to be my favourite planes at one stage, with me preferring the Extra Stiffy overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgmag View Post
Hey Groovejet, what size 3S batteries and what kind of run times are you getting out of them with this plane?

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger. I'm thinking that the Dynam Ultimate 3D may have to be put on the back burner. :-)

Bob
Hi Bob,

I'm using Turnigy 3S2200 40C lipos and am getting around 6 minutes out of them, based on 2 flights in the wind.

BTW one of my mods didn't last very long. I took the cowl off and noticed that my icypole stick cross-brace on the top of the motor cage had come loose after only 2 flights. Here is version 2 of that mod, with a single cross-brace tied on with cotton thread soaked in thin CA. I'll see how long this one lasts .
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet