Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:50 AM
Find More Posts by kd4wen
Trader Rating: 0
Just a yard bird
United States, TN, Springfield
Joined Mar 2007
1,863 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
The Graupner MX-20 is perfectly legal to use in the United States and there are plenty of them being used in the U.S. The thing you need to look at is the downfall of using the PPM. There is a problem of the rx that stops the PPM signal from the rx if you lose signal. With that being said some FC boards the DJI Naza being one of them will not roll over into failsafe if you lose signal. Other boards like the MK go into failsafe mode if the PPM signal is lost. I also read where DJI has setup the code on the WKM so that it will go into fauilsafe if PPM signal is lost. And the new AutoQuad 6.6 FC is setup to do so also. I wish DJI would fix the Naza to do so also so I could fly my Naza in PPM and have a working failsafe as of now I have to run it in PWM with all the extra wires and less channels to have a working failsafe, All in all I an very happy with my MX-20 It is the best feeling radio I have ever felt in my hands when operating it is very well built. It feels like a commercial radio not a hobby toy.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Last edited by kd4wen; Oct 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM.