Thread: Discussion Walkera V450D01
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:17 AM
Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
292 Posts
If you shorten the sticks it will make the heli more sensitive to stick movement.
If you are a thumb-er & move your thumb 1/2 inch on a 2" stick then do the same with a 1" stick the distance your thumb moved is the same, but the amount of gimble travel is twice as much. I pinch the stick between my thumb & index finger about half-way up the stick, I find I get more precise control of my heli that way. Sometimes I do a thumb on the cyclic & pinch the throttle/collective.

I have not been flying much, my GE B6 charger power supply died again, so charging on the 800 Mah balance charger that came with the V450 is futuile. five 2500 Mah packs & five 2200 Mah packs would take forever to charge.

I have a replacement power supply coming, it should have been here yesterday.

I starting to think of buying a bigger charger & power supply, the one I looked at would put out 1000 Watts & a free parallel charging board, all for the low price of $300.00 Ouch!

I might just down size to a 30 Amp unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
So in theory, i suppose softening the sticks might help you with your thumb pull situations. But honestly, if you are a Tip of the stick thumber. You should shorten your sticks. The longer they are the less you have to move them to produce MORE movement from the heli. So the shorter they are, the less sensitive they will be. If your a gripper than you might like them longer. I use a longer cyclic and a totally minimized throttle/rudder. Plus i use about 35% expo on my rudder full time.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis