Thread: Discussion Lipo for my TX
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:47 PM
Find More Posts by dgolding
Lipoflyer
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
Ken, Pete.....very good, informative answers for Dan! Here's a sales pitch for Dan! I had the concerns that Ken raises 4 years ago when I wanted to convert my Tx's over to Lipo. So I designed a board that addresses the Lipo issues and is specifically designed to allow use of 3-cell Lipo in a 9.6V Transmitter! It keeps the maximum voltage to your Tx less than 12V on a fully charged pack, and when the pack reaches 9V it cuts the battery off so it does not ruin itself if you leave the Tx switch on accidentally all weekend! If you lave a TX switch on, the electronics still tries to "draw" current from the battery. By the way, it won't shut off your Tx during use, because your Low Voltage alarm will come on, and your LCD display will go blank long before the 3-cell pack gets down to 9V. I've sold a couple hundred of them so far and everyone loves them! The "dime-sized" board plugs in between the battery and your Tx. Search Li-Po Power Board on e-bay. I'll be selling those boards and a Smart Soft Switch (for safely using 2-cell Lipos in flight pack) at the 2012 Tucson Aerobatic Shoot Out next weekend!

Don
dgolding is offline Find More Posts by dgolding