Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by sam51401
Fly more Foam
United States, IN, Sellersburg
Joined Jun 2004
1,136 Posts
Discussion
Request to any machinist

I have special request in that i need a trunnion for a Eflite 120 size electric NOSE retract made of steel. My 18lb A-10 is taking a toll on this part in the retracts when my landings are ANYTHING less than perfect. Crosswind landings with the A-10 are a monster so im not as smooth as i wish to be.
The mains are doing ok so no issues with these at this time and i did a thread on "converting" the way these are mounted compared to the original in that i changed the side plates on each unit by using the NOSE side plates on the mains and the main side plates on the nose. No moding was needed to facilitate this mounting.
I also still use the stock size 4mm nose and 5mm main mold pins i ordered from a supplier online.
Bottom line, the aluminum trunnion cant take the extra weight AND BEFORE anyone chimes in, yes i know these are being used over the stated max usable weight as listed by E-Flite but they were a drop in replacement for the original kit SpringAires that they replaced.
Anyone to the rescue???

FYI, even though Tam at TamJets makes the smaller upgrade trunnion, he has declined to make the larger size due "to slow sales" as per the response to my request.
sam51401 is offline Find More Posts by sam51401