View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Plow, I'm going to take the high road on this one......I had typed out this lengthy treatise lambasting those with immature palates, but I chose to "delete" and remain mute. Thank you for your sage advice! As to your question about what to be when you grow up.....don't.....seek out every experience that presents itself and roust those that hold tight to secluded places.......for it's not about being the one with the most toys that wins, but rather the most experience. My grandfather told me once....."We live till we die, but it's the knowledgeable man that wrings out the most from the journey." And this one is my favorite: "Oh, and son.......don't ever make excuses."

Indeed!! I like your grandpa's advice! My grandfather was a mean old Coonass who's only advice to me was, don't turn anything down unless it's face down!! He had his last heart attack when he was 77, the woman he was with those final moments was 33. I think I have disappointed him by not adhering to such base notions, although it took me a long time to see the folly! Still, he went out in style!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966