Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by bgnome
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dostacos View Post
well I figured out what you meant by soldering tabs {could not picture it until I started assembly} I think I will try that, it keeps the boiler from sliding up and down when it is removed from the fire pan where my method allows the boiler to move up and down when it is NOT attached to the board. I guess I could run some screws through the brass jacket {machine screws with nuts on the inside} either way it will lessen the ware and tear on da insulation!
yep, that is exactly the idea

I'm actually currently dusting off my elliot bay launch with this engine for some running around this coming weekend. Taking her out to bear creek lodge for the Brewer's big annual camp out drunk fes.. I mean, team building weekend

hopefully have some pretty pictures sometime next week.

my build for that boat is floating around somewhere in the archives but I didn't pay much attention to the engine build because I was transplanting from my older boat into the newer boat, and pretty much anything I did to it was already covered in Kmots build thread of his elliot bay launch with heritage engine.

This is Grumpa Toms build thread

this one is mine
bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome