Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
What parts are mandatory to switch out for Align parts?
THAT is a really good question actually. I didn't find anything on mine which I would say absolutely needed to be switched out, but I found that almost every part on the thing was not up to my standards. The only thing I switched was the torque tube (and to do that I had to get an Align boom because the bearing was stuck in the HK one). The TT is solid (light) metal for some reason and I think it was bent - but it probably would have worked actually, it wasn't a really bad vibration.

Here's the thing though - I have a pretty long list of issues that I found just during the build, and only by using visual and feel inspection - didn't have to get out the microscope to find many, many problems. What concerns me is that these are not the kind of problems a beginner would notice. Things like the washout links being too long, and the mainshaft bearings being sticky. So, I still don't recommend these for beginners, but if you absolutely must get a clone, have someone like me check it out before you cause a safety problem for yourself.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501