Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
Find More Posts by dharban
Flying = Falling (Slowly)
Tulsa, OK
Joined May 2004
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Kindrick View Post
If you make a tape or runway landing for a tie breaker beyond the timed aspect of the flight time points we will figure it out as soon as possible.

Since I have the first hand knowledge of what took place during the thrown prop incident at Visalia there is no one data point to have a discussion on with my situation. The prop was an RF. It was not beat into submission on a landing yet could have been compromised in its shortened life. It would be nice to have some real data to work with but I cannot see any RF data on the web to use.
Kieth,

After I blew the Aeronaut, I took a more healthy interest in these prop ratings. I could not find any ratings for the RF props online so I contacted them directly and they furnished me with the specific data for the props that I was using.

When I get home, I will look through my notes, but I do recall that the RF props were rated maybe 30 or 40 percent higher than their comparably sized Aeronaut. On that basis alone, it seems somewhat less likely that this failure was from overspeed or abuse.

In the mean time, you might try contacting them directly to get the specs on the prop that failed.

Happy Landings,

Don
dharban is online now Find More Posts by dharban