Thread: New Product Hyperion Wolf Aircraft Samson II
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by rossaer
Joined Aug 2008
632 Posts
Hey Steve,
The holes in the supplied motor mount from Hacker do not line up with the already drilled holes in the firewall. Also the installed Blind Nuts are mounted on a little round piece of wood and they are well and truly adhered to the back of the firewall. I have tried to knock them off but I'm fearful of damaging the firewall if I apply too much pressure.
Without being able to remove the Blind Nuts there is no flat surface to redrill and attach new Blind Nuts. I tried fabricating an "overlay" firewall to place on top of the original one and drill new holes in it to mount the motor and then use the exisiting Blind Nuts to mount the overlay firewall to the original firewall. But then I ran into the problem of there not being enough clearence for the mounting screws to not hit the motor when trying to screw it all together.
I'm not clever enough to get past this on my own unless I have an "ahh hah" moment.
I think I just may go with the recommended motor or Hacker equal. I know a Hacker A50-12 mounting holes will line up.
Any suggestions?
al
rossaer is offline Find More Posts by rossaer