Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:47 PM
Find More Posts by YarSmythe
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,849 Posts
Update for today:

1) They pulled the hot water line.

2) I agree with BMatthews (and a few other friends) who recommended a simple under-sink water heater. Seems that people have trouble getting hot water quickly from that distance anyway so it's probably better this way. I found some units between $200-$250 with good reviews. I'll give that a try.

3) Construction manager nearly pulled out one of my doors in the workshop to swap in the garage. I like the way my doors open in the workshop even it means they open INTO each other. It allows me to have a shelf or cabinet next to the bathroom. He didn't like my idea and now has to order a new door. Not my problem.

4) I think I've decided to go with 36" high counters and workbench. For resell purposes, it keeps a standard height in there. As for my workbench, I still want casters on the bottom so I can move the table more freely. That said, I see everyone's issue on having something 'too' moveable so I'll research more on how to keep it immobile when I'm using it.

Off to see if the roof is done. Our inspector comes next week. More photos to come.

-Lee
YarSmythe is offline Find More Posts by YarSmythe
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by YarSmythe; Oct 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM.