View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by Chilli Paste
Namibia, Khomas, Windhoek
Joined Jul 2012
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancherpete View Post
Did you see my earlier post about adding the carbon fiber tubes beneath the S800 arms? This helps a great deal. Also: be sure to balance the crap out of the S800 CF props. They can be way off! If you are not using the DJI Zenmuse gimbal then you will also have to come up with some pretty slick silicone dampening system for your gimbal. I have built several of these and they have all worked perfectly for VERY smooth video on my other multirotors but this S800 has a sh**load of vibration that just just won't go away. As I said earlier; if not for Adobe Premiere and Warp Stabilizer in post production I would not have anything that would be useable from this craft for video. Still sare another story as long as you can shoot at a very high shutter speed.
Sorry rancherpete, I didn'nt spot your post earlier. But yes, I read each and every post in the last few weeks and actually bought some CF "arrows" (from the local bow shop). That's as close to CF what I can get. I'll fit them to the arms over the weekend and in conjunction with the NEX5 I really hope to report back with positive news. again many thanks for the great posts. You guys rock!
Chilli Paste is offline Find More Posts by Chilli Paste