View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by rancherpete
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Paste View Post
"high risk stuff" no need for cliffs & water... just the mere thought of flying the S800 is "high risk stuff" ?

Unfortunately I've spent too much on this rig and it does not deliver what it is advertised to do. I might string a gopro to a kite and get better results.

I really hope I can report back in a few days with better news.
Did you see my earlier post about adding the carbon fiber tubes beneath the S800 arms? This helps a great deal. Also: be sure to balance the crap out of the S800 CF props. They can be way off! If you are not using the DJI Zenmuse gimbal then you will also have to come up with some pretty slick silicone dampening system for your gimbal. I have built several of these and they have all worked perfectly for VERY smooth video on my other multirotors but this S800 has a sh**load of vibration that just just won't go away. As I said earlier; if not for Adobe Premiere and Warp Stabilizer in post production I would not have anything that would be useable from this craft for video. Still sare another story as long as you can shoot at a very high shutter speed.
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete