View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:22 PM
Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,885 Posts
Looks like my T500 into a 3 bladed 600 size conversion is coming together sooner than later with a 20% off sale at heliworld this week (for the needed .50 size AS350 to be used in this).

Anyway...parts on the way: HK500 frame (the CF and aluminum kind), some MKS servos, Scorp 3026 880kv motor (get the Protos version and replace the shaft...some $60 or so cheaper than the Scorp branded one ), RotorTech blades 600mm scale set of 3, along with a couple other things to round out the plan.

To use on-hand electronics of a BeastX, CC esc, tail servo, etc. Depending on how Black Friday goes...maybe running Vbar . Oh yeah, a Smartmodel PNP 500 size 3 blade head I also have spare around here (which uses a 8mm shaft, but can accept 12mm blades...which made me think of doing this project in the first place)

I'll make a new thread for this as the fuselage is unpainted (I'm gonna move the skid locations to where they should be on the fuselage...and it might be entertaining to see how this blows up and I'd hate to associate the 550 size conversions with my can of worms, lol
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4