Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:09 PM
efx
Find More Posts by efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I like to use velcro and velcro straps usually and here a cable tie because I like to be able to move things around. Double sided tape is nice, but a pain if I have to take the heli apart. I have been doing this with all my gyros and haven't had a problem. I think the mounting location may also help. I had this inside the 250 and that was working fine just as a gyro but perpendicular to the main shaft, so we'll see. I would like to keep it inside, but I prefer the receiver inside. I rather loose the gyro and at least have some control just in case. Now I'm finding that this thing has the orientation in a way that makes mounting it a bit harder. It shows the connections towards the front which I don't like. So on top the connections are away from where the blades would hit if that happens. I'll test it like this and see how it goes. Will let you know.

skull, yes it's similar to that one, and I did check before, but will triple check again.

Geekystar, I got a list of suppliers for small screws somewhere on my blog here, but I think you'll have to look through it. I can't remember if it's in the shopping sites or the heli where I put it. Most are here in the US, but I think you will have better luck finding metric where you are probably at any local hardware store there.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
Last edited by efx; Oct 10, 2012 at 02:41 PM.