Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:20 AM
Find More Posts by richord
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2008
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernsky View Post
Gentlemen,

- Any comments on the Microheli carbon fiber frame for the mCPX? I was thinking about making that upgrade, because I end up stripping the tail boom mounting hole on the frame during some tail in crashes. Don't want to have to install the cheap plastic original frame over and over. Anyone know if this CF frame is much heavier than the original stock frame? I don't want to upgrade things if it adds considerable weight.

-Do you guys recommend a 2mm or 3mm solid CF tail boom? Where is best to get one?

Thanks for your input guys,

RB
The Microheli frame is a little heavier than stock, but a little heavier can mean a lot when you're already flying an under powered heli.

I wouldn't waste my money on it. I know someone at our field that fly's one. It is brushless, so it's more powerful than the stock setup. But he broke his frame this past weekend. He also has problems with the tail boom holder on the frame, holding the tail in well.

I considered it myself until I had seen it break and not hold the tail well.

I'm not sure if Xtreme's frame is any better or not, but for a stock setup, the stock frame is probably the best in terms of durability, cost and flyability.

My tail boom mounting hole got stretched from a crash and I simply added a tiny/thin piece of plactic as I slid the boom in place. Holds great.

The stock diameter tail boom is fine. I have used the Blade mcpx solid/extended tail boom and also made my own - cut from solid carbon rod.

I think stock is 2mm if I'm not mistaken.
richord is online now Find More Posts by richord