Originally Posted by rubenskubc
Hi lovegroove... thanks for the forum post!
Well... I'm a noob! Lol!
Just ordered a standard (cheap lol ) Bumblebee kit from HK, including:
- Bumblebee Carbon Fiber QuadFrame 550m + tail landing skids + dome ;
- 4 x 35mm brushless motors (930 Kv each) - propellers included ;
- 4 x HobbyKing 30A BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controllers ;
- 1 x HobbyKing Multi-Rotor Control Board V3.0 (Atmega328) ;
- 1 x Hobby King Quadcopter Power Distribution Board ;
- 1 x Turnigy nano-tech 3000mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack + charger / balancer ;
- 1 x Camera Gimbal Tilt Mount for Quad Bumblebee ;
Plus of course the 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx & Rx ...
I've been waiting for my parcel, and of course reading a lot. Questions:
- is the KK Xkopter v4.7X firmware compatible with the HKing Board V3.0 (Atmega328) ? Just flash and go?
- what's the estimated (or how to calculate that) time of flight in minutes with my equipment assembled? The quad will fly with a Drift HD 1080p camera (139 grams) attached to it's Gimbal Tilt Mount.
- what's the difference between the configurations X and + ?
- any extra tips for a novice (never assembled a quad before, just small planes) ?
Thanks a lot in advance!
I'm just taking a little break for a bit, but I will try and answer your questions in a couple of hours. In the mean time, you can use the ecalc program here to get an idea of flight times. http://www.ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc_e.htm?ecalc
I would imagine that it will be somewhere in the region of 8-10 minutes, maybe a little more if you're lucky.