View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:47 AM
Find More Posts by ReidRoberts
United States, CO, Perry Park
Joined Apr 2006
395 Posts
Just read Kyle's post.

I want to take a moment to publicly thank him for that Pro-Am and the tactics instruction.

The tactics instruction alone was almost worth the weekend....then we had the opportunity to go right out and give it a try. Incredibly effective.

Frankly, I was pleasantly surprised by Kyle's briefing. This was only my 4th DLG contest but I've listened to other rambling tactics discussions that made my ears bleed. Kyle, on the other hand, went task by task, hit the objectives, the techniques and the gotchas. Short, sweet and impressive!

Since I don't know many people in DLG, I kept thinking all the people who contributed to this contest were in the same club. Turns out not to be the case!

The SYNERGY (want one) of the event created an environment where us sportflyers could feel included and have alot of FUN!! (the objective)

Bottom Line: We sportflyers may be on the periphery of the sport, not consistently competitive and sometimes we unintentionally get in the way. BUT, we have the economics (cabbage, cheddar) to keep the sport going and the enthusiasm to spread the word. Oleg and the folks who ran the ECHLGF clearly understood this.

Reid
ReidRoberts is online now Find More Posts by ReidRoberts