Find More Posts by hifinsword
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,875 Posts
Shorter blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
Has anyone tried putting different rotor blades on their 9116? I would like something about an inch longer and stiffer than the stock ones. I was wondering if maybe 9117 blades would work: they would have the length but I don't know about the stiffness.
I have shortened the stock blades on one of my birds and gone to the Novus 200 blades on the other trying to get a little more control with stiffer blades. I have also used the Walkera blades for the CB180D but they had to be trimmed. They also seem to be brittle and break easily. The Novus 200 blades are the exact same length as the stock blades. Both sets of alternate blades needed the attachment hole drilled out to 5/32". And I'm using a plastic washer at the mounting hole to help stiffen it. It didn't occur to me to try the longer blades since I assume they would take out the tail rotor. I just got some extra Novus 200 blades in yesterday but haven't had the chance to shorten a set by 10mm to see if it improves control with a balance bar I've shortened and thereby reducing the weight.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword