Thread: Discussion H-bridge motor controller
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:43 AM
Find More Posts by jdraughn
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
Wow, that thing is rock solid. Do you have a link detailing what components you used, and how you built your drive train? I am in the process of building my drive train using two 3" plane wheels, a large 90t gear to mount on the axle and a 15t gear for my motor. I am planning on using threaded rod to mount the gear and wheels, and I am also planning on mounting two bearings that are for skateboards or roller skates.

I had a long bolt and I got one wheel, a bearing, and the gear all mounted up nicely, I just need to replace the bolt with a rod so I could add another bearing and the
other wheel. Then I just need to figure out how to mount the assembly to some kind of chassis.

While I have been playing around with the mechanical aspects I have been trying to research how I should build the h-bridge. From the experiments I have conducted with random assortment of mosfets, the p-channel ones always get waaay hot, so I was going to try to go with a boot strapping high side driver like the MCP14700, but from your experience and results, maybe I need to buy GOOD mosfets. Which mosfets did you end up using, and what motor are you driving with them?
jdraughn is offline Find More Posts by jdraughn