View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:12 AM
Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Joined Dec 2011
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I was going to buy two of those from oo! Are you here from the 450 forum? Any opinion on this 450 tail case?
The vibration log on the Robird G31 shows that it produces far less vibrations in the tail area than the Align style tailcase I was using previously. The bearings are a tight fit with no play but I'd still use some bearing retainer to keep them from potentially spinning in the race. I just wish they'd come out with a single piece tailcase that uses a shaft and pully with a grub screw like the Beam.

It lacks the pin that goes into the hole in the boom that the Align style tailcase has. What I do is put a little CA on the end of the boom and let it dry to give it something to grab so I don't have to over tighten the screws (you only need a little bit on one side, and be sure to let it dry completely before inserting it). Also I didn't like that the clamping screws weren't long enough to protrude out the other side of the hole. I like to have the screw stick out the other side a few mm to put a nut on, and to provide something to grab should the screw ever break.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Oct 10, 2012 at 04:18 AM.