View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:42 AM
Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Joined Apr 2005
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Jolly View Post
Dave,
Many of Lees's designs could wobble with over zealous inputs to the counter balanced rudder. I was trained on the Hobie Hawk and never noticed the wobble or shimmy, I just flew the airplane. The Sagitta is a little short in tail moment as Lees's designs were designed to go in a 42" box. But if it were me, I wouldn't change a thing except...
Get rid of the pine wing joiner box and instead use a 1/16" plywood front web joining the spars at the wing root. Make sure you do a good job of getting a smooth radius on the cable elevator pushrod, or replace it with a bellcrank drive system. Other wise leave the Sagitta stock and enjoy it. LJ
A friend built the Sagitta 900, stock, when the kits were first available, had no problems with the build, and was very satisfied with it flying in moderate to light lift. One of the wing joiner boxes did eventually fail, however, and he never did rebuild it.

Looking over an Airtronics Sagitta 900 kit I had purchased a couple of years ago from a fellow RCG member, the quality of the kit is excellent with clean machine cut parts, well selected balsa, sturdy air ply fuselage sides, and easy to follow instructions and plans.

Back then, built the Sagitta 600 myself following my friend's satisfaction with his 900 and it was also a great kit. Followed the instructions to add ailerons (my first 4 channel) and it was also a great flyer, more manuverable but needing more lift than his 900 as is to be expected.

Am hoping that Aerosphere will one day have the Sagitta kits available.
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer