Thread: New Product New Durafly Monocoupe 110 Special
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:32 AM
Find More Posts by DebriNbits
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Replacements :(

Hi All,

Just signed up and first post on this forum, but have been following this thread for a few weeks. A couple of weeks ago I received my Monocoupe.. Love(d) it. Unfortunately, yesterday, a moment of stupidity caused some severe damage.. (I looked down for a few seconds at my transmitter to move a few trim settings back to neutral). I know, I know.. stupid to look away for any reason.. even worse to change trim surfaces while doing it. I've learnt my lesson.. The first thing I heard was my mate scream..then a thud, and a split second later I look up and see no model in the sky. Apparently my Little Butch had gone from level flight at 100ft to vertical flight in those seconds.. resulting in fuselage and firewall damage, missing battery hatch, motor dead (bearings & bent), speed controller gone, split wing, motor mount broken, some of which can be repaired, other parts need replacement.

Anyway my main reason for posting is that I'm after these replacements , some of which were thrown (long grass) from the wreckage.

I couldn't find the same motor on HobbyKing so have thought of replacing it with the Turnigy G15 brushless outrunner and a Plush 40 esc, and prop adapter. Would this be an ok match?

Secondly, I can't find other replacement parts either, such as the battery hatch, which is either under ground or thrown into the long grass!! Are the hatches available as a replacement?

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

DNB
DebriNbits is offline Find More Posts by DebriNbits
Last edited by DebriNbits; Oct 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM.