Thread: Discussion Pitts Python from foam to balsa
View Single Post
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:11 PM
Find More Posts by luke352
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,349 Posts
Well I started covering the cowl yesterday, I got the aft section sorted quickly enough but then quickly started the head scratchign about how to cover the forward radius'd section. Tried to just heat and stretch which failed dismally but I ended up coming up with a solution that worked but i'll have to take some pictures, to hard for me to explain. But I imagine it's probably a common technique. So only 3/4 of the radius section diameter to go then I can mount it in place, fit the motor, ESC, wheels, cover/finalise mounting for lower hatch, finish up the radio install and it should be ready to go.

On other matters I'm picking up an old VK models 1/6 scale 56" Sopwith Camel kit on Saturday. So once the M12 is finished, i'll build the SA Skyboy which should be a pretty quick and easy build and then i'll start on the Camel! The building board is getting a workout.

Oh and some pics of the house reno stuff. We ended up getting a painter in to do the painting $640 to paint two rooms, pretty hard price to argue with. Along with some trips to ikea and you end up with this.
luke352 is online now Find More Posts by luke352