Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchaholic View Post
Hi new best friend. Just kidding.

When you choose a program consider the amount of free tutorials and user base you can find online. It just makes finding information that much easier. I'm a self taught Autodesk Maya user. Tons of info on that program out there and I have printed things modeled in Maya through Shapeways.

For Modeling I know Autodesk 3Ds Max also has a huge online presence in terms of free tutorials and such.
I've been looking at Autodesk Inventor Fusion. Free and there are a lot of videos, but apparently you have to be on line to use it. I don't have broadband at home so for the time being I have to look elsewhere.

The videos are good, but they use terms without defining them, forcing me to try to get the meaning out of context. I should look for a printable glossary.

Their 123 Sculpt seems to be a copy of iDough which I've fooled with before.

My two main initial goals are a sailboat hull that I can push-pull iterate the shape of and a penny whistle that I can experiment with. I'd love to try an alto recorder, but accurate drawings of particular specimens may not be available.

Also, of course, all sorts of little airplane parts, like the trim handle for my flying buddy's 1/3 rd scale J3 Cub. How nice it would be to make a part and be able to use it on ANY scale plane from peanut to full sized!

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug