View Single Post
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:14 PM
Find More Posts by porcia83
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,317 Posts
Fly it stock

No mods needed on this one, try it with stock stuff first. I would suggest cutting a little slot right behind the wheel well to open up some air for the ESC cooling, but that's not even really needed. I flew mine to death in the middle of summer and never more than some mild warmth from the esc.

This will haul around nicely on a 4S 2200 battery. It can fit a 3000 too, but it's not really worth the weight. 2650 isn't to bad. The flex isn't to bad either so the rods might not be needed, and it's a tad tail heavy anyway. I recently donked mine landed in a hard crosswind and loosened up the front gear. If any mod should be done its for a rudder, it's hard to bring her in without one in a crosswind.

I have a second one in box ready to paint up. I suppose a nice HET set up would make it scream all the more, but it's really a bulky fat body with chunky wings so not sure how much faster this could go, or needs to go.

Have fun with yours, it's a great plane, even more so considering what you get for the money.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)