View Single Post
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:02 PM
Find More Posts by Joe 1320
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
I would have thought that the Red Arrows Hawk would be the easiest out of those 2 - if it is like the larger 50mm T-45 which I have it is quite

Agree that the F-15 is a nice selection - it is much more stable than the MIG-29
The micro T-45 from what I've heard, is not quite as benign as it's larger version. It takes some mods to work like the 50mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
The other cool thing about the F-15 is you can put a larger lipo in like a 3s 850 and CG is good like you did in your thread. if I had an 850 in my F-18's they would just fly into the ground.
After fixing the thrust line issue on the Mig-29, I removed some foam in the lipo area and use the same 3s 800 mAh packs as in the F-15. The fixed Mig flys more like the F-15 now. They both rip along pretty good on 3s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Are you serious? You could put a 3s 850mah in the F-15. Isn't it a micro just like the rest of them?

Fits perfect in that spot. In the Mig-29, the lipo gets moved forward about a half inch to clear the rear of the canopy. You can use smaller lipos by just placing them more forward in the battery compartment. They really did a good job on these twins.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320