Find More Posts by OrangeBird
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
1,030 Posts
Spacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
I had an opportunity to take my new 9116 out to the empty two car garage, away from the wind in an attempt to test everything out.

I managed to bring the 9116 to a reasonable hover, but i'm still trying to trim it out. My five minute flight time came to an end quickly, as I didn't feel completely confident in my trimming by the time my five minutes was up.

One thing I have noticed, is the Tx stores your trim settings after its been powered off. According to a youtube review I watched while considering this helicopter, the Tx didn't store trim settings in memory when it was powered off, but that was quickly disproven with my experimentation today.

Another thing I noticed was, if you don't straighten out the main rotor blades before spinning up, the blades can get caught on the tail boom. A minor inconvenience but an easy fix nonetheless. Its good practice anyways to straighten the main rotor blades before any flight.

Now I'm waiting for the battery to cool so I can charge it up again, and perhaps try another test flight this afternoon.
Hi

Go to this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2795

and add spacer to each blade ( stay yours blades straight right ) and yours blades will not touch the tail boom.

Your helicopter will go much better and SUPERVISE better.

Bye Gilles
OrangeBird is online now Find More Posts by OrangeBird
Last edited by OrangeBird; Oct 09, 2012 at 07:23 PM.