Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by washus View Post
Hi all
I'm in love with the sound of this CS10 fan and I'd like to start a new project, probably a 70mm T-45 from HK (Heard you can stuff this in the 64mm version from HK too). Suggestions for a somewhat cheap 1st project plane are more than welcome too.
I have 3 nanotechs 4S 2200mAH 35C that if possible I'd like to use, even if it's for a 3min flight tops. So because of that and my lack of experience, maybe I should start at the low end, low amp setups, so I can try to use the lipos I have.
My friend flies the Foam HK Hawk with 70mm Alloy CS10 fan and a 3700 4s 45c pack, this pack is 410 grams, the Hawk takes off on grass and flies perfectly. Its pulling around 60 amps on his setup, 1.5kg thrust and its a nice flying model, maybe 100mph or just under. With 43-45A you would be wanting to fly with one pack to keep the weight down. The nanotech 2200 lists at 253 grams, thats way over the weight of a true 2200 pack, have you done a 1c cycle test on your charger to see what the actual capacity is? I know guys who have put 2500 back into packs labelled as 2250! I would be inclined to go with the 2300Kv setup and use your packs as singles to start with, see how it flies, if needed get some bigger packs. Running two of yours together is going to make it pretty heavy for the power level.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC