Thread: Build Log MK Skymaster 20 build
View Single Post
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:38 PM
Find More Posts by Huang
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2001
160 Posts
Jeff based on my experience I would say you made a great choice to change them and well worth the investment! I just can't stand servo drift in pattern planes. Especially a nice rare kit built vintage like your Skymaster!

I first used the 82MGs in the Fliton Element, a 30 sized electric pattern plane. Linkages are perfect. Servos would drift off center ever so slightly during flight requiring me to constantly re-trim one click on elevators or ailerons which bugged the hell out of me!! Changed to 85MGs, all is perfect and locked in. Then I tried the 82MGs on a Matt Chapman Cap 580, the same thing requiring me to trim back and forth in flight. Drives me crazy! No more 82MGs for me.

The 94819s looks good and great price! Hobby People also sell them for $19.99. 33oz should be enough for the 25 size plane, and fast! You can use short arm on servo and slightly longer horn on control surface give more leverage/torque. I used the similar size Airtronics 94761/762 a lot in competition sailplanes and they are rock solid and center superb.
Huang is offline Find More Posts by Huang
RCG Plus Member