View Single Post
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:44 AM
dbc
Find More Posts by dbc
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
2,376 Posts
Welcome tta! Good to see someone else with this fine little plane.

Arranging the rx, esc, battery and tangle of wires in the limitied space is a real challenge. My approach was slightly different but probably no more effective than what you've described.

I've used outer holes on all servos and control horns except for middle hole on aileron servos. But I'm using a computer radio and have added a little expo to all the control surfaces to tame the response. If using the supplied radio, you may need to reduce the throws to soften the response as this is a small plane and a little touchy to start with.

The two blade prop improves the performance somewhat and, for me at least, makes the plane acceptably powered.

I've got an FMS Easy Trainer 1280, it's a much easier plane to fly and will tolerate some rough treatment that would damage this Cessna.

However, I've gotten over 45 flights on this small Cessna with mininal problems. Only one broken prop and no other damage so far.

Your previous RC and real flight experience should make your transition to planes fairly easy.
Maybe a shallower approach with throttle management of descent will improve your landings.

As I've said before, this is a great little flyer but not really a very good trainer. If you can fly this, you can fly most other 4ch planes also. Let us know how it goes for you.
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc