Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by Isoprop
Joined Nov 2010
2,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
eckace.

This is a chart of small lenses. For reference

I Think Tom provided enough info that was kept to a general audience.

this is a chart not from Samsung and from another company.

Maybe this can help to understand of what the lens description offers
..[useless chart removed]....

Still some info that may help out

For lens A we have a narrow view
For lens B we have a medium view
for lens D we have a wide view.

For lens A the cam is close up
For lens B the cam is like set back some
For lens D the cam isset back more

Try not to be picky guys and gals, because you be like some, still with a stock or no cam, just enjoy.

D1, D2 will be for the lend D's replacement for the housing, not of the actual view,
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Er Er yes, which lens is A,B or D ? (only D1,D2,D3,D4 in table)
what does this mean?Confusus he say

Apart from that, it looks very impressive, but useless for people like me who are just simple minded computer design engineers.
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmob View Post
I really don't see how your chart helps. Eckace1 asked about the "fov of the A lens and the B lens" and you post a chart about four completely different lenses, none of which are supplied with this camera (two of them wouldn't even fit it).

I am not enjoying.
I have to agree with empeabee and airmob.

Your chart has absolutely nothing to do with the #16 and I don't know why you posted something so unrelated. It is no use whatsoever.
Also, I don't understand most of what you wrote. What on earth do you mean by
Quote:
Try not to be picky guys and gals, because you be like some, still with a stock or no cam, just enjoy.

D1, D2 will be for the lend D's replacement for the housing, not of the actual view,
?

To Eckace1: If you click "Search this Thread" next to "Thread Tools" in the blue line at the top of this page you will get a drop-down box. If you enter "aov fov" and then click the "Go" button, you will get 25 hits. There have been a lot of posts about the differences between AOV and FOV and different measurements and pictures and even videos comparing the different lenses. They are all in this thread, but because there are so many posts, you will have to pick out the ones that interest you.

Like Tom originally posted, you'll have to do a bit of research on your own, but it's all here.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop