View Single Post
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:36 AM
Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
3,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtsnakevert View Post
We put larger motors on ours with counter rotating props...haven't flown it yet but it pulls like a freight train
I was watching my maiden flight looking for flexing as it came out of a dive...then going for loop number two....straight down the runway away from me....I saw it flexing a bit. Very glad I glued my wing section together..otherwise I would have backed way off and just flown is as docile as possible.

The two fuselages (Port and Starboard) don't seat very tight in thier respective wing saddles. I am just about ready to glue them into place...they still flex side to side too much for me. As soon as I get another motor and motor mount....then check her over again....I will epoxie the fuselages in place.

I really like the tricycle landing gear on the servoless retracts, even though the wheels are small and the props where just skimming the grass, I had no problems taking off either flight...landing was a breez. However, the wheels don't allow for very good taxi-ing...gggg. I have to place her on the grass strip and take off, then retrieve after landing. I think I will see how much bigger wheels will go into the wheel bays....having said this the front wheel must NOT be smaller than the rear wheels

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is offline Find More Posts by TwistedGrin