having received the bits yesterday i needed to get on with finishing my durafly slick-360, i managed to tear one of the newly modified motor leads near the plug end i had attached
so today i managed to solder the wire (which is the calibre of pubic hair) after sanding off the invisible coating on that lead that comes from the windings and then tinning it with solder
i then went even more adventurous, and stripped the insulation from the bigger wire before re-doing the heatshrink, to save weight and make it more petite
thank god for a binocular loupe and strong daylight
even more astounding, it works !