View Single Post
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:51 AM
Find More Posts by paul_mccaughey
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2012
279 Posts
had a bit of a discussion with Don via email. he has converted one of these kits to run on 4site gear and recommends this over the std kit parts. so i think the best option will be to go for the 4site gearbox and motor. i can then keep it 1s and use the brick esc saving more weight.

just waiting to find out if there are wing parts available or if i will need to repair the damage to the existing wing.

been looking into servos to work with the 6400 brick so i can operate ailerons and landing gear. has anyone used or seen the SPMSH2026Lservos? i think they are helicopter servos and seem to be fairly new to the market. i can get 2 for 21.

they are cheaper than the SPMAS2000 servos in the UK. the cheapest i can get the 2000's is 13 each which is the equivalent of $21! these are not in retail packing which means it's likely to be stripped out of a damaged/non-working plane from a retailer. you can buy them in the states for $13.50 direct from spektrum. bloody annoying!

was also wondering if long throw would be better to give more movement on ailerons and to correctly lock the retracts. any thoughts on this?
paul_mccaughey is offline Find More Posts by paul_mccaughey