View Single Post
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:35 AM
Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
United Kingdom, Horbury
Joined Oct 2007
6,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlngh View Post
I've got you back on the leader board, nigel. I am seriously considering building a DLG over the winter. I love flying the bigger electrics and want a couple even bigger ones but there is a lot of appeal to a glider I can thermal on a baseball diamond or slope soar over a building. I probably won't ever be able to afford a state of the art contest glider but there seems to be several options in the 2nd tier that are available for anyone willing to do some building.

Another great flight, Belem! It's especially impressive coming on a day that wasn't dominated by steady lift.

I haven't been getting in as much flying lately. Lousy, gusty, weather and addressing the wear and tear of a full summer of flying have been taking up my time. The hinges and linkages on my Specter have gotten a little sloppy and I'm still tinkering with the ASW 28 for better aerobatic performance. It's just so pretty pulling out of a dive and doing a loop, slow roll, or wingover that I have pretty much decided I'm going to have a bigger scale bird ready for next spring. Now? I have to decide whether the scale sailplane or a 2.5 meter floater is the biggest priority. And that doesn't even allow for the new 3D ship, that's supposed to arrive tomorrow, and my strong desire for a bipe and/or a WW2 warbird! I guess that I'm leaning towards the scale bird since it will be optimized for aerobatics rather than pure soaring and winter soaring is hit or miss here in Minnesota. Sigh... So many planes and so few thumbs.
Thanks for that, I know what you mean about all the planes, I have more then I need for sure lol, takes me longer to decide which one to take down to field then anything else lol! Unless of it's dlg flying weather then there is no choice really!

I have only had the blaster 2 but can highly recommend it, its cheapest of the moldies and building is so quick and easy it just screws together and you cant get the wings wrong like on a bagged wing, I nearly got the topsky until I went to a shop and looked at the 2 kits side by side and then I could see that the blaster was soooo much nicer looking and easier to build that it was worth the extra money, but I ended up getting a second hand one for less the topsky kit anyway.

I still sly my st asw28 now and then and it looks very nice and scale and thermals the best out of my foamy gliders but the blaster is just better at it, and aerobatics are wild when I get bored.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Oct 09, 2012 at 08:22 AM.