Thread: Discussion Blade MCP X - owner's thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:23 AM
berserkk is offline
Find More Posts by berserkk
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Update:- Just managed to get a) good weather and b) time, to test my Baby outside. Problem solved, tail holds better than it ever did. Put 6 packs through and with a fresh pack (like for the first 2 minutes) I cannot get the tail to break out at all, not even adding so much pitch that you can hear the main rotor speed dropping right down!
The tail rotor is now soldered directly onto the board, I tried soldering a standard micro socket on at first but still had intermittent contact which was odd but taking the socket out has fixed it. Just have the hassle of un-soldering the 2 wires when I want to change the tail rotor in future.
Nice to have my Baby back again and I really enjoyed blasting the packs through doing things that I canít do
I soldered thicker gauge wires to the board, then just have to splice wires instead of solder them to board each time (which i find easier), alternatively could fit connectors to the wires as well
berserkk is offline Find More Posts by berserkk
Reply With Quote