Thread: Help! New to RC
View Single Post
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:17 PM
Find More Posts by atppilot
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Help!
New to RC

Hey everyone, I attempted to do some searching on the site before I asked my question but I feel that my questions are so broad that there was no one question that really helped me.

I am new to the RC world. Not too long ago I purchased an AR.Drone 2.0 and thought it was pretty fun to fly. I purchased the "Macgyver Mod" to make it controllable by remote control. The receiver and transmitter were included in the purchase. I have become proficient flying with the transmitter instead of an Iphone and can even fly with the front of the aircraft facing me. I want to move forward in my RC experiences and would like to start flying a quad or hex rotor. I was looking at a DJI F450 or 550 arf kit. The problem is I really don't understand the whole transmitter/receiver relationship. I know that I need 4 ch/6 ch on a quad/hexa but how many more do I need on top of that? I also noticed people talk about "Modes" and "switches" on their transmitters, what are these? I was thinking about putting a DJI GPS on my F450/550 do I need an extra Chanel for this? My main lack of understand comes from features of a trasnmitter and reciever. (Gain,CH, Modes,Switches etc) Can you help me learn to understand this new and exciting hobby?

Thanks everyone I really appreciate it.

If you know of a thread that would help instead of an answer please feel free to post it!
atppilot is offline Find More Posts by atppilot