Sea Dart with Full Rudder
Well I finished my modified Sea Dart with a full rudder. I just extended the stock rudder up along the vertical fin so it's not very wide. But hopefully it will be enough to allow taxing on the grass. I also cut out the "bow tie" prop slot for noise reduction. (Thanks again Otto for sharing this!) The entire build is made with BlueCor FFF using Gorilla Glue and low temp hot glue. Since I'm using a lighter lipo, I added some weight on the nose to get the CG at 7".
Here are my stats:
Motor: RCTimer 2208-8 (2600 kv)
Servos: Mix of cheap 9g (3x)
Prop: APC 6x4
Lipo: 3S Rhino 1350 mAh 30C
AUW: 18.2 oz
Maiden is tomorrow! I'll report back with flight results.
Marcel, thanks for the great design and plans. After building over 30+ scratchbuilds, the pdf plans for this is spot on. Everything including the notches lines up perfectly!