View Single Post
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,429 Posts
Working 2D Mode Flips Inverted...

I have one of my units installed in a Techone Swift and usually fly in 3D mode. I have a panic momentary switch set to force 2D mode regardless of whether the unit is OFF or in 3D mode. Gain set to about -19. Unit has worked flawlessly since first received months ago.

Yesterday, the wind picked up quite a bit so I thought I might investigate a 2D landing. While one or two mistakes high, I touched the "panic" switch to test 2D operation, prior to actually flipping the mode switch. For some reason, the bird immediately rolled inverted, holding wing-level; almost as if it had been placed upside down and the "reset level/trim" operation had been executed prior to the flight.

After a successful landing in 3D mode (ready to turn it off if another anomaly), I rebound the RCVR, reset level/trim, and back to normal behavior.

Anyone have anything similar happen? I also noticed that, after the level/trim set, while still on the workbench, placing the unit in 2D mode showed slight aileron correction; odd as it had not been moved.

Thanks, in advance.

Michael
Snowflake6515 is offline Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
RCG Plus Member