View Single Post
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:40 PM
Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Joined Oct 2003
2,033 Posts
The fuselage of the E Aspire is full carbon, so you will need to run an appropriate carbon compatible receiver. I chose a Spektrum 9300 and mounted the two main antennas out the front of the fuselage on either side, and the satelite exits on the bottom near the wing trailing edge. The Rx is inserted through the access under the wing and slides up against the back of the servo tray. The CAM mounts from the front over the top and behind the fuselage servos. Check the photo of the canopy to see how nice the packs and wires stow under the canopy.Thats it, my Aspire ALES model tipped the scales at 68.5 ounces.....lighter than an F3J version.. The perfomance of this design is nothing short of steller... The Aspire is already known for its perfomance and its ability to run. This combination is spectacular, it has the power to climb straight up and is sleek enough to cover ground quickly. So the strategy to range, chase , and then climb for cutoff, is all there. Once the motor is off, it is just one sweet Aspire with all the great habits that have made it the choice for some of Americas best Soaring pilots. I am confident you will enjoy this glider and I just don't see you being out Airplaned in ALES as the rules are written today. Using this power unit is noncritical and not so hot that you are pushing the equipment, so it is suitable for sport flying. I am using 280 ma for a 200m climb not really pushing the battery or motor.. The Aspire ALES is available as full kit or as a Fuselage for those of you who already have an Aspire F3J.
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Last edited by Larry Jolly; Oct 09, 2012 at 03:56 PM.