Thread: Build Log Windrider's Boeing 737
View Single Post
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:34 PM
Find More Posts by Major12
Joined May 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Can I glue the fans in than glue the 2 necell halfs together without having the motors???
I looked at this too during my build, the problem arises depending on how you secure the fan blades to the motor, and can you get access to do this once the pods are sealed up?

I would hold on this till you have your powerplant in and tested.

As for covering, this is my first build of anything like this. I found the light tissue and WBPU very simple to do even for a first timer. I just cut the tissue into long strips. Painted on with wbpu from the site I mentioned earlier, it somehow smooths to a clear coat (without brush strokes being evident) A couple more coats of this stuff and the plane is as hard as rock. If i threw a fair sized pebble at it, it would bounce of without leaving a mark not to mention leaving a nick on the sealed paint job I can see my plane standing up to heavy handed hangar abuse (minus the wing tips of course !) Going the vinyl route seemed too tough for a newbie judging from other posts in this thread....that and the fact I was scared of melting my plane
Major12 is offline Find More Posts by Major12