View Single Post
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:15 PM
Find More Posts by peterlngh
Joined Apr 2012
3,222 Posts
I think that's one of the great beauties of the foamies, Belem. They are just so light that they fly amazingly well, to an old timer like myself, but also have great potential for modification. I haven't actually flown a Radian but it seems like they are typical of the breed. I have been very impressed by my ST ASW 28 despite the fact that I have done a fair amount of work to get it how I like it but my friend's Calypso is a wonder with nothing but a tail shim.

And, even after 42 years of flying, I always come back to sailplanes. I soon get bored with tumbling an aerobatic ship, unless there's a crowd, but I can go out on my own and be completely absorbed with a sailplane for as long as I can stand to stare at the sky. Of course, here on the frozen tundra, it's beneficial to have something that one can fly from the driveway when there's knee-deep snow on all the good flying areas! When I lived in San Diego, with year around slope flying, I never had the slightest desire for anything with power.
peterlngh is offline Find More Posts by peterlngh