View Single Post
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:29 PM
Find More Posts by B Thompson
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Feb 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20 View Post
@B Thompson thanks for the help. I was planning on widening the slots for the control rods cause I think it is binding. I just gotta wait for my wing and tail surfaces to come in after they get in stock. I guess my glued wings will do while I practice some more. Also nitrocharged sent me his low rate setup for his d/r and expos. He uses a dx7 and I use a dx6i so it's the same. So I'm gonna try all of these before I get a new sabre. That way it doesn't look like the Frankenstein version I have now lol. What do you use the skids for? Grass landings?

Ps another question when I go to cut open my old sabre do I just go along the cut out with a knife like how I do with my champ? Also how do I get my wings off the old fuselage?
Its good not to fly a new one yet, I did not do my rebuild until I absolutely had to when I lost part of a control surface on a rough landing, thats why I put skids on my rebuild to protect the control hardware when landing in the rough or grass and I can slid nicely down a paved runway with the skids!

Yes you cut it open like the Champ. You can probably cut the wing away from the fuse or the fuse away from the wing and save one or the other but I would be surprised if you could save both. I never separated mine when I rebuilt.
B Thompson is offline Find More Posts by B Thompson