Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by basti View Post
Thanks, not really anything special, just a nice relaxing flight one morning.

With my #16v2 the live video out also does not fill the whole display - there's black borders right around. Would be awesome if this could get fixed in a firmware update.The attached pic shows what I'm talking about, sorry about it's low quality, couldn't seem to find better settings for the capture app on my PC.
The video out fills the entire width of a 4:3 aspect ratio frame, with only the black letterbox borders top and bottom. What ever program you are using to display the image, it has to be displaying the letter boxed 4:3AR image in a new 16:9AR ratio frame sized so the height of the 4:3AR image fill the full height of the 16:9 AR frame (if that makes any sense to you. This is not the camera output that is adding the side black borders.

FWIW, there are MANY who actually like the 4:3 letter-boxed display since they can use tha blank space to clearly see other flight data being overlayed on the video screen in that space from other on-board sensors, like air speed, altitude, heading, GPS coordinates, etc. etc.

So everyone cannot be appeased by what the camera is doing. It is what it is, and I don't think it can be changed with FW anyway, so I'd suggest trying to get used to it.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank